Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Shots

Word of advice for people who are reading this and might be going IA: Ensure that when you receive your shots for preparing to deploy, that they are correctly documented in your record. I had to get three shots today (almost 5) because when I was checking out of Great Lakes, the corpsman put the information on the wrong sheet. I saw her write them in my record, and I thought that was good enough. Don't make the same mistake I did. I hate getting tetanus, typhoid, and... ACK! - anthrax. It burns. Only one more dose of "the thrax" left for me though.

I'm pretty much done here in Norfolk. I still have until Friday to get my uniforms, but I'm done with admin and medical/dental... sooo just time to chillax and watch some videos in my barracks room.

I've met a few good people out here so far. Most of them are supply personnel, so we don't have a lot in common to talk about. There's surprisingly a few submariners out here, but once again, they're all supply people.

-C

If there's anything you want to know about my trip, just let me know, and I'll tell you. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Corey... sorry that I haven't called to emailed. Everytime I go to do it, I can't bring myself to it. I'm quite the crier as well. Anyway, I miss you and wish you didn't have to go:( Later gator. (Okay, I hang out with preschoolers too much!)

Mom said...

Hi, Corey:

Did you have a relaxing Labor Day weekend? Or did you break away and see Jason. Caitlin came home for the weekend. I think she was crazy because it was 108 and still no AC. But she had a ride and I guess the campus pretty much shut down for the weekend. She was glad to go back last night though. We watched the Huskers this weekend. They won big, reminiscent of the old days. They had some penalties that were a distraction. There is this freshman though who looks really good; he can break some big tackles. I start student teaching tomorrow so life will be crazy, I mean really crazy for this fall semester. Where are you headed this week? Do you know what you will be doing? Let us know what you can. I love you and think of you often.